Re: [TR] TR3 Electrical question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Electrical question
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 16:14:53 -0700
> In addition to the battery / ground connections there is a
> connection for a
> wire that is supposed to go to the coil.

I'm not absolutely certain, Carl, but I believe the switch has to go in the
ground lead from the battery.  The "small third terminal" gets wired to the
point side of the coil, and effectively shorts out the points (grounds the
point side of the coil) when the switch is in the 'off' position.

Some quick checks with an ohmmeter or powered test light should confirm
this.  If I am right, the third terminal will not show continuity to
anything with the switch "on"; but will be connected to the 'E' terminal
when the switch is "off".

Randall

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html