Re: [TR] Stranded

To: donmarshall@nefcom.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Stranded
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:29:15 -0700
If all else fails, might be worth swapping points back in.  Last time I had
those symptoms, it was a bad condenser.  Might be that your Pertronix module
has developed a similar fault, ie switching enough to allow some spark but
bleeding off enough energy that the spark isn't enough to make the engine
run.

I've never heard of a TRactor motor jumping cam timing (and I've run some
pretty badly worn out engines), but anything is possible.  As a quick check,
you can turn the motor to TDC with #4 firing (rotor points at #4), and look
down the fill pipe to see if both valves on #1 are open the same amount.  If
there is a big difference, then either the cam or the TDC mark is off.

-- Randall

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47