Re: [TR] Stranded

To: kinderlehrer@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Stranded
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 02:52:17 +0000 (UTC)
  >What kind of electronic ignition? If it's Petronics, it is possible
>that the magnets in the sleeve that goes in the distributor get loose
>and go askew. The result could be that you are getting spark at all the
>cylinders, just not when you are supposed to be. Don't know about other
>systems.

Thanks, Bob.  That makes sense.  I'd better source another.

Fred, I had changed the rotor and dizzy cap.  Weird thing was, the carbon brush
in the middle of the cap was worn so far down, I can't see how it was working
at all.  Was sure it was going to solve the problem...until it didn't.

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive