Re: [TR] TR4A-Scuttle Lid

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A-Scuttle Lid
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:03:50 EDT
In a message dated 9/14/2010 11:21:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
guy@genfiniti.com writes:
> What's the secret to getting the scuttle lid to lay flat over the seal?
> It appears as if the seal is too thick.

Phone book.

Seriously, I have the same problem on my TR3 and if I open the hood with
the vent "closed" I scrape paint. Removing the seal will fix it. Maybe a
couple months with a weight (phone book) forcing the down will make the seal
adopt a new profile. I have not yet decided to deal with it.

Dave

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47