Re: [TR] TR6 fuel pump recommendations?

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 fuel pump recommendations?
From: "D&B Lambert" <blambert@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 08:11:17 -0700
I'll second that recommendation concerning the tools shown on Justin's site.
I took Justin's advice, purchased the appropriate bits, and have been glad
any time I've had to mess with a TR3-4 fuel pump.  Thanks Justin!

Dennis

> OTOH, if you have this tool, that nut is easy to deal with (on a TR2-4A, I
> don't know how tight that area is on a TR6).
>
> http://www.jmwagnersales.com/fpit.html
>
> However, while on the road, I find it better to carry one of the little
> rectangular Facet electric pump, some rubber fuel line, a few clamps, and
> some "clip leads" (test leads with alligator clips on each end).  This can
> be easily pressed into service in an emergency; will fit any LBC (in case
> you need to help a friend along the road); and is useful for other things
> like transferring fuel from one car to another (in case of leaks, etc.)

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive