Re: [TR] TR2/3 - Source for 3/4" alternator pulley.

To: <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>, <agraham@execulink.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR2/3 - Source for 3/4" alternator pulley.
From: John Kallaus <jkallaus@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 08:25:08 -0500
No sense reinventing the wheel.  A GM school bus chassis uses the same 7/8"
wide belt as a TR2/3.  Go down to your local alternator rebuild shop and ask
for either part number 1214P or 201-01005.  The pulley will bolt directly onto
an older (1990 or older) GM alternator.  The pulley costs $20 and no machining
is required.  Our local farm fleet chain (Mills Fleet Farm) sells rebuilt
alternators for $20 plus a $5 core fee.  For less than $50 you can have a
rebuilt alternator with the correct pulley that will bolt-up right onto a
TR2/3 engine.  If you are really lucky you might even be able to get a used
pulley at a junk yard or an alternator rebuild shop for only a couple of
dollars.

> From: ccsimonsen@gmail.com
> Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 16:07:42 -0400
> To: agraham@execulink.com
> CC: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [TR] TR2/3 - Source for 3/4" alternator pulley.
>
> http://www.alternatorparts.com/Alternator_brackets_2.htm
>
> I bought the A203 and it worked just great.
>
> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Angelo Graham <agraham@execulink.com>
wrote:

> > Hello List:
> > Following a GM alternator conversion on my '2, used the original pulley
> > machined to fit. Still having some belt problems and and a smaller, stock
GM