[TR] FS 924 lock insert, Ignition switch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] FS 924 lock insert, Ignition switch
From: Pete Groh <pete_groh@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:29:20 -0800 (PST)
Selling a used switch on e-bay, I would show the Lucas part number when you
place the ad. It has been me experience that the FS### lock inserts were used
on late mode cars around 63' on up depending what was left on the shelf. The
Triumph Spitefire and MG Midget switch I purchase at flea market usully had the
key code number stamped on the face.

Looking for lock insert with the letters/number FA 511 & FS 955.

Believe the British car industry stop showing the key code number on the face
of the switch to prevent theft. I have a old copy of Road and Track with a
picture of two Bobbie's with one looking in the window to see the key code
number and 2nd one with a box of pre-cut keys on the ground to look the key
that will open the door.

George, I can advise you of the use of the switch with the Part number found on
the side of the switch.

Happy New Year

Pete Groh (KeyGuy)
9957 Frederick Rd