Re: [TR] horn tooting.........

To: <nafzigerg@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] horn tooting.........
From: Randy&Val DeRuiter <deruiterville@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:16:50 -0500
 My guess is that the inner steering column has moved forward slightly with
your work, and the steering wheel is grounding in some fashion to the horn
contact plate.  I had that with a Mota Lita hub on my TR4 which also had
sloppy steering bushes (still does).  Eventually switched to a different wheel
which helped, but it can be  fixed by loosening the upper column clamp and
moving the wheel slightly towards you as well.

Randy

Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail..
http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutoria
l_QuickAdd_062009

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net