Re: [TR] Brake Bleeding Process

To: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, "Bob Danielson"
Subject: Re: [TR] Brake Bleeding Process
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:00:36 -0600
> If you pump up and down with the bleeder open, you'll suck in some air at
> the bleeder and waste time at least.  You might also aerate the fluid,
> particularly with silicone (DOT5), and make it harder to bleed all the air
> out.

But if you run a piece of tubing from the bleeder into a bottle of clean
brake fluid and keep the tubing under the surface, you can both see the air
bubbles leaving and prevent the induction of air into the brake lines.  I
have always done it this way.  First, install tubing and place in bottle of
fluif; second, open bleeder; third, have assistant pump until no more
bubbles seen; fourth, tighten bleeder and top up MC; fifth, proceed to next
wheel; sixth, repeat procedure depending upon number of wheels (four is
usual, but YMMV); seventh, open two bottles of Newcastle, one for you and
one for able assistant.

Mike

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net