Re: [TR] TR3 gauge bezel rubber?

To: "'list Triumph'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 gauge bezel rubber?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:34:57 -0800
> Originally, I believe a
> rubber ring was squezed up between the chrome bezel and the
> metal console.
> What can I use for this rubber ring?
>     Moss sells a 'gauge mounting ring' (280-870) for $1.95
> for TR4 gauges.  Is
> this ring also used on TR3s?  Maybe is isn't needed?

Certainly not a requirement, I ran without it for many years and never knew
the difference.  But it's kind of a nicety, helps keep the paint on the
console from chipping.

You can use the TR4 rings from Moss (TR3 gauges are same size and mount the
same way) or TRF sells the same thing for $.95 (P/N SLP171).

Or what I did was to buy ordinary O-rings in the appropriate sizes from MMC.
They are square enough once they are installed <G>

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net