Re: [TR] TR6 Wiring Question

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Wiring Question
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 10:51:52 EDT
In a message dated 8/18/2007 8:09:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
fishplate@charter.net writes:
> I assume it is meant to be this way, but I can't see any way for the
> oil pressure lamp to get a full 12V, and I see no indication that a
> 6V lamp should be installed in place of the normal lamps.
>
> What were they thinking when they designed it this way?  Is there
> something that I'm missing?

What were they thinking?  They were thinking that a brake failure is much
more hazardous to your health than oil pressure failure.  The latter could
result
in a ruined engine, the former could result in a lost life.  And like Andy
said, it was a cheap and dirty bulb check for the brake failure warning light.

Years ago a friend had a purpose built autocross car with an aftermarket
brake light (think 4 inch diameter) mounted on the roll cage that would light
up
street.

Dave