Re: [TR] Inflating Tires w/ Nitrogen?

To: Triumph Sports car discussion <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Inflating Tires w/ Nitrogen?
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:11:36 -0400
Jack and list.  We always used nitrogen in our race tires. We would
normally have two 2500 psi nitrogen bottles.  One fed only the tires.
The other ran air guns.  Tire pressure and diameter changes with
nitrogen were minimal.  Not as much pressure growth and lower heat since
water was not present.  Overkill for street but a must for a race
effort. Granted, we had a contract with Goodyear and had our own tire
engineer, but we still did everything we could to help the tires.  No
growth from air made it more predictable. Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx@bright.net