[TR] Electric fuel pump failure

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Electric fuel pump failure
From: "Tom Wirt @ Claycoyote" <twirt@claycoyote.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 13:30:38 -0500
I had put one of the cube electric fuel pumps in the 3 this winter.  The
Vickie Brit one. Now, after less than 100 miles, out for a drive this
weekend, it started making a loud metallic rapping at the same frequency as
the normal pump buzz.  It rapped a couple times with a few minutes between,
then became steady.  Fuel supply became weak and then non existent.  Tilt.
Is this a normal indicator of one dying?  Is there anything I might have
done that caused it, other than bad pump?   The pump is mounted directly
onto the body tub under/near the fuel tank.

Thanks for any help.

Tom Wirt
TS77810L

===     http://www.vtr.org