Re: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:38:15 EDT
In a message dated 7/2/2007 9:06:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
dorpaul@negia.net writes:
> which fastener is the 'dzus'? (pronounced 'deews'?)
> I thought they held the bonnet down, but that must be something else.

"Dzus" is a brand name that has evolved into a generic reference for quater
turn fasteners.  Dzus fasteners are a product of Southco Manufacturing
http://www.southco.com/landingpages/dzus/

but is applied to quater turn fasteners buy any manufacturer.  Rather like
Kleenex or Xerox.  Therefore any quater turn fastener on your car could
reasonably be called a Dzus fastener.  On early cars that includes the screws
that
hold the windscreen frame to the brackets on the body.  On later cars it could
be
the screws that affix the side curtains to the door. And on most TR3's it
includes the screws that secure the bonnet (hood).

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org