RE: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 08:50:38 -0700
> which fastener is the 'dzus'? (pronounced 'deews'?) I thought
> they held the bonnet down, but that must be something else.

Paul, Dzus is the name of the type of fastener, not just a specific
location.  Invented by William Dzus (pronounced "Zeus", the D is silent) in
1931; they were very popular on both aircraft and cars where panels needed
to be easily removable.

On your TR3A, there should be Dzus buttons to hold the sidecurtains, hood
(bonnet), and windshield (windscreen).  But all 3 locations originally had
something else, so John's TR2 may not have them at all.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org