[TR] TR6 starts but won't run

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 starts but won't run
From: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 22:27:32 -0700
I just picked up a '74 TR6.  I got a good deal but was unable to learn
anything about what I had especially motorwise (got it from the son of the
owner).  It has 125 to 130 lbs in all six cylinders.  The points look good
and are gapped correctly.  It starts up (not real easily), sounds good, but
it won't continue running more than a second or two.  I have a see through
fuel filter and can see plenty of gas ready to go into the carbs.  I am
almost sure it is spark that it is losing.

If I want to run a jumper from the battery directly to the coil to rule out
the key switch and wiring, does it go to the positive side of the coil   I
do suspect the coil so it will probably get changed if the key switch test
shows nothing.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.  Jim

name of winmail.dat]

===     http://www.vtr.org