Re: [TR] Jacks for TR2/3/3A/4

To: nwolf@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: [TR] Jacks for TR2/3/3A/4
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 08:42:16 -0400
On Saturday 30 June 2007 09:09 pm, nwolf@u.washington.edu wrote:
> Hi listers
>    My TR4 is lacking the original jack (through-the-floor type.)  These
> seem to be scarce as hen's teeth in good used condition, but I see that TRF
> sells reproductions of both the early (cast hook) and late (pressed steel
> hook) varieties at reasonable prices.
>
>    My question is: Has anybody tried the repros from TRF?  Are they as
> sturdy as the originals?  Which version is better?  I assume either type
> would work in a TR4, though I realize the pressed-steel hook would be
> correct for the car...
>
>    Thanks very much in advance.
> -Nick Wolf
> '64-ish TR4
> Ben Lomond, CA

Nick,

I see the jacks on Ebay every so often.

I got one about a year ago for the 4.

The seller bead blasted it, which was a mistake.

Plenty of material in the screw.

Well I finally got it apart, cleaned and it works great.

Cant say the same for the ratchet. It was shot.

The ratchet TRF sells is of top quality and fits the OEM jack perfect.

I am guessing the jacks are of similar quality.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org