[TR] 1955 Chevy ...

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [TR] 1955 Chevy ...
From: Bill & AnnaBelle <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 09:18:12 -0800
Hi  folks,
        I  read with interest the short debate about the 1955 Chevy,
primarily because I owned one  ...  a 1955 210 DelRay ... six
cylinder.  At $1850 (new) I could just barely afford the payments.
        Regarding the debate on the location of the V8 emblem,
Automobile Quarterly Volume 17, Number 3,  Has  a  complete  article
on that car. Page 243 clearly shows the small V8 emblems just below
the rear tail lights.
        Couple of interesting facts in the article,  there were two
options on the V8  2 bbl  carb, single exhaust ... 162 bhp.  4 bbl
carb, dual exhaust  ... 180 bhp. Transmission  options were 3 speed
manual on the steering column, or the famous 2  speed  automatic
fondly referred to as "Powerslide".  Interesting is the title AQ
gives to the article ... "The Car The Car Nuts Built" ...
--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L

AnnaBelle Pugh