Re: [TR] RE: [political_rant_was] TR lifters

To: hoyt@cavtel.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] RE: [political_rant_was] TR lifters
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:13:38 EST
In a message dated 1/15/2007 11:14:57 AM Mountain Standard Time,
hoyt@cavtel.net writes:

like  impairment on the part of the
otherwise innocent truck driver. We'll never  know. The plaintiff's argument
seems specious, so something else was  likely in play.

The drivers were not impaired.  If they had been, that  would have been the
core of the case.

Trucking companies, or their insurance companies, often roll over to
resonable ($50-100K) settlements, even when totally innocent.  That's  because
no
matter how innocent you are, you are still the big corporation with  the big
trucks that killed the young lady and her baby.

30+ years ago I worked for a trucking company that paid off when a woman
entered a highway in front of one of the trucks.  In her deposition she  stated
"
I don't know what I was thinking, I just pulled out in front of him"  BUT,
her small child was left in a wheel chair, and the company knew that no  matter
how innocent they were, the reality of that child in the court room could
have been devastating.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4

As he stared at her ample  bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg
carburetors in his vintage  Triumph, highly functional yet pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of  the intake manifold, aching for experienced
hands, the small knurled caps of the  oil dampeners begging to be inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter  seven of the shop manual.
Dan McKay

===     http://www.vtr.org