Re: [TR] TR3/4 Tranny What did this?

To: eoot@citlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3/4 Tranny What did this?
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:43:49 EST
In a message dated 1/14/2007 9:59:07 AM Central Standard Time,
eoot@citlink.net writes:
> Dave
>
> A distinct possability. Unfortunately the PO passed away 2 weeks after I
> purchased the car. Not only the loss of a great guy, but also of a valuable
> resource with regard to the vehicle. I have all the receipts so I can see
> what
> was done and when, but the why is not always evident.

With the TR3/4 you can remove the sinsepction cover and have a look at what
is at the bottom.  Something you can't do on the TR6 or Spitfire.  If there is
nothing there keep an eye on the case and an ear for the kind of noises
Randall described.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org