Re: [TR] cracked TR6 diff mount - how bad does it have to be to

To: Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] cracked TR6 diff mount - how bad does it have to be to
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:49:44 EST
In a message dated 1/2/2007 12:03:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com writes:

> I've been chasing a mysterious clunk in the rear suspension of my TR6 for
> several years - I've replaced virtually everything in my rear IRS in the
> process.  The clunk came as the rear of the car rose and fell with changes
> in
> the road - it was never really obvious under acceleration or deceleration,
> and
> it disappeared when I put the car in neutral at speed.  At times, the clunk
> was bad enough that you could feel it while in the passenger seat.

Just for the sake of discussion.  I was chasing what seemed like a clunk in
the TR3B's rear.  Renewed everything W/O success.  About a month ago when the
body was removed from the frame a broken body mount bolt was discovered
driver's side in the rear, therefore the body must have been slapping the frame
as
the suspension rose and fell.
Just something to think about,
Darrell