RE: [TR] TBI conversion

To: "'John Summers'" <rivers2hills@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TBI conversion
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:33:03 -0500
Just a follow up to Randall's email....

With Rick Patton's parts you retain your existing SU or ZS carbs and there's
no modification to the throttle linkage required. In fact you never even
touch your throttle linkage. He's milled an adapter that mounts directly to
the carb body and the injector fits in this piece. He also supplies a GM
Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) in a custom bracket that bolts directly to
the rear carb with no modifications needed. There's pictures here
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/TBI.htm

The ECM comes from John Wilson of CustomEFIS
(http://www.customefis.com/triumph.html) and is custom built and tuned for
your Triumph. All wires out of the ECM are plug ended except for fuel pump,
ignition and ground. He also provide the O2, MAP, & Coolant Sensors (all
plug ended) as well as a new fuel pump and custom built regulator. For $35
he'll convert your distributor to electronic or he'll include the parts and
you can do it. He will also supply 250 PSI Push-Loc hose and fittings to run
the new gas line at $3/foot (you need about 12-15 feet).

So far I've installed the adapters, injectors, TPS, regulator and run the
fuel line and connected everything but the pump. My fuel tank has been
professionally cleaned ($50) and a return line fitting and a new outlet
fitting installed. Because the ECM is custom built for each car, it takes
about 6 weeks to receive it and I hope to see it shortly.

Obviously my car isn't running yet but the support I've gotten from both
Rick and John has been outstanding.......I ask LOTS of questions and they've
both been very prompt and thorough in their responses. I'm NOT a gear head
and require lots of hand holding but if I can do it, anyone can! Or I'll
drive up to Maine, kidnap Rick and bring him back to Connecticut to get me
up and running.

As I've mentioned before this isn't cheap but everything is relative.

Bob

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Converting to Throttle Body Injection