Re: [TR] Silicone Wires with Screw Terminal Dizzy Cap

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Silicone Wires with Screw Terminal Dizzy Cap
From: "Wayne Lee" <motorcarriage@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:13:59 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
To: "'Jeffrey J. Barteet'" <barteet@mrl.ucsb.edu>; <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 5:09 PM

>> Does the terminal used with silicone wires have more surface
>> area on the conductor?

Having excessive contact area in a Wire Terminal is really of no great
advantage if it exceeds what the Core Conductor can handle anyway. Mostly
it's a by-product
of what they design to retain the wire into it's socket. Especially since it
has little positive tension against it's contact surface, and most
especially if anyone is considering
adding resistance anywhere else in the system. Terminal Material would need
to be Brass for being a  better conductor, but then you lose spring tension
onto it's Socket
Walls. So as usual , everything's a compromise, and only as good as the
weakest link in the Chain.

Here's a Link to some Tinned Copper Core Wire that is very close to what
Randall describes only I think it's better, minus any bonded resistor. I
also have Lucas Bumble
Bee Wire in limited Quantities, NOS real Lucas Caps for most Applications
with Brass Contacts and Screw In Terminal Nuts. I must admit a personal
interest in the link.
I hope that's not going against any of the rules, let me know

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130048426488&rd=1,1www.lucasspares.comRegards,Wayne

===     http://www.vtr.org