Re: [TR] Winter Storage Oil Change

To: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@razzolink.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Winter Storage Oil Change
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:52:52 +0100
TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:
> Different people prefer to monitor different things.  I prefer to
> monitor the charging system and load on the charging circuit.  Randall
> seems to prefer to monitor the battery and the load on the battery, and
> as a bonus he can glance at his ammeter as a reminder to turn the
> headlamps off.

I fall into both camps and my car has a volt meter as standard equipment, it
has an auxiliary ammeter as well. Perhaps a wise precaution for unwise
virgins who travel with too much confidence in the Land of Lucas :)? The
only additional contribution I would make is that a 30amp instrument should
make way for a 60amp unit if your car has an alternator.

Jonmac

===     http://www.vtr.org