Re: [TR] Why to drain oil hot

To: "'TR'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Why to drain oil hot
From: "Paul Mitchell" <paul@cynthesys.co.za>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:09:23 +0200
Now I'm depressed. I thought at least I knew how to drain the oil. Well, OK,
I usually spill some, but having bought an oil filter removal thingy I
viewed myself as something of a sophisticate: above those peasants who
mereley whack a large screwdriver through a recalcitrant oil filter.

Now I learn that I should have been filling the new oil filter before
attaching it, and also 'mowing' the metal bits out of the hole. Both
brilliant tips, and it goes to show that you can always improve on
something. Especially my mechanical skills.

Thanks to all

Paul
74 TR6
Cape Town