Re: [TR] Need to know what is connected to the voltage

To: jimhearn1@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Need to know what is connected to the voltage
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:22:02 EDT
In a message dated 10/17/2006 10:16:15 AM Central Standard Time,
jimhearn1@comcast.net writes:
> I have a 1974 TR6.  I just replaced the voltage stabilizer and now I
> don't have wipers, temp gauge and gas gauge working and they were
> before.  All three of these are connected to the stabilizer.  I had the
> dash apart and there was a connection with three black wires that I
> wasn't sure where it had been connected.  I got a little careless not
> knowing where this connection with the three black wires goes.  Can
> anyone help me out and tell me what is attached to the stabilizer other
> than the plug in leads.  The plug in leads I swapped over from one to
> the other so I couldn't have gotten these mixed up.  I'm wondering if
> the three black wires (one connector) attach (grounded) to the body of
> the stabilizer.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Jim

Check your turn signals and reversing lights.  If they don't work as well it
is probably the fuse.  All those loads (green wire) run off one fuse.  If you
turned on the key before all the wires were connected you may have blown the
fuse due to a ground fault.

Since the wiring is daisy-chained from one load to another a bad connection
at one may cause all the subsequent loads to not work, too.  So if the fuse
checks out start looking at the various connections were there are green wires.

Good luck

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org