[TR] TR3 oil filter conversions

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 oil filter conversions
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:34:33 -0400
Thanks to the DPO, I have a mix of oil filter parts.  My Tecalemit head has
been rethreaded to accept a Purolator long bolt.  (3/8" x 22tpi now tapped for
16tpi!!)
I am hoping I can re-assemble it make it work just one more time.
        For my next oil filter change attempt, I wish to convert to a spin-on
type.
        I haven't seen what's offered from TRF yet, but both Moss and Vicky
Brit have them.  Cars prior to TS12something require a non full flow variety.
However, later TR'3s come in two varieties: Tecalemit or Purolator.

VickyBrit shows their model is ordered by either Telecamit or Purolator head.
However, the Moss Catalog shows only one type (maybe they have both type
attachment features included in their kit?).
Can someone tell me please.
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
TR 3A  1960