[TR] greenish gray oil

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] greenish gray oil
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:33:59 -0400
Thanks to everyone who submitted suggestions about o-ring staying in place!
I'll now start looking for a Spin-on Conversion Kit for my Tecalmetit.  Does
anyone have an extra one?  Doesn't the head stay on the engine? Do they hit the
fuel pump?  Is Moss or TRF the way to go?

I've changed my old oil filter before, but, I wanted to use up all my Crossland
cannister-type filters before any swapover (and now I'm ready.)  Also, the oil
I had just put in the motor, ran it, and covered the car prior to a rain.  It
seems I left the dipstick out and water might have gotten into the engine
because it was greenish-gray (olive colored) oil.  I'm hoping that's what color
water turns the oil.  That's the reason I'm changing it so soon.

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3

===     http://www.vtr.org