Re: [TR] Fw: OIL FILTER O-RING CRAZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Fw: OIL FILTER O-RING CRAZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 08:03:33 -0400
On Sunday 08 October 2006 11:47 pm, Paul Dorsey wrote:
> [...]
Paul,

Unless there is something wrong with either the rubber ring or the grove it
sits there is no "trick" required. The only problem is if there is already a
ring in place that I have heard. I guess you could cover it with a bit of
grease if it keeps falling out.

What I have done over the years is "never" pull the ring unless there is a
leak. I always use the one that is in place. And I have never had a leak and
have tons of spare rings that will never be used. I am guessing the one in
the 3 is over 20 years old.

Changing the filter is a bit of a mess but mine just spins off once I loosen
the rear bolt. Then after cleaning and a new filter, I just spin on the cover
until finger tight and then tighten. Very similar procedure to the spin on
oil filter procedure.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org