RE: [TR] Piping Perplexity

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Piping Perplexity
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 09:31:46 -0700
>  My hoses are made of a rather stiff black plastic with very small fan-fold
> corrugations every 1/10" at maximum.

Sounds pretty similar to the original ones on my Stag.

> Does one have to order this stuff from the big 3, or can it be sourced at Home
> Depot or other hardware-carrying soulless box?

I bought a fabric/wire replacement at my local auto parts house.  They had a
little trouble looking it up by inside diameter, and it took a few days to come
in, but it's SO much easier to work with than the stiff originals.  However, you
may need to add some clamps or supports, especially if you don't get the length
just right.

Don't be surprised if your vents & heater work better afterwards.  IMO the
fabric/wire duct flows better than the corrugated plastic.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org