RE: [TR] classic vs vintage

To: <zoboherald@aol.com>, <dorpaul@negia.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] classic vs vintage
From: "Rarebits" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 15:50:02 +0100

This all depends on where in the world you live. Here in the UK, "Vintage"
is a fairly well defined term for cars built before 1930. By comparison,
"Classic" has no such precise definition here, some use it only in relation
to prestige vehicles, or "design classics". Others (myself included) prefer
a looser definition of the word. In it's broadest terms, we would consider a
classic to be any car built after the Vintage period that is either
interesting, or typical ("a classic example") of it's era.
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232