TR3B worth, parts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3B worth, parts
From: Zach Roberts <brozach@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 00:50:21 -0800 (PST)
I recently stumbled across the dream car of my childhood: a Triumph TR3 series.
 It's a TR3B in excellent condition.  The owner, a retired gentleman, took a
liking to me and has offered to sell it for $12,000.  I know the book value of
the TR3B is high, but what is the car worth in the real world?

  My father's TR3A has been sitting in a field for 30 years.  The floor ,
interior, and a good bit of the body is ruined, but much of the rest is still
salvageable.  Would this be a worthwhile parts car for the TR3B?  Would many of
the parts under the hood interchange?  Just how different are the engines and
transmissions?

  Thanks!
  -Zach

 Yahoo! Mail