How hard to fit a big bore kit to a TRactor motor?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: How hard to fit a big bore kit to a TRactor motor?
From: CFisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 07:27:12 -0600
Dear list,
I looked over my smoky flaky compression motor closer last night and saw
that only the one piston is new, the other three look like a mixed set of
used ones. Also I have scores in at least one bore. Now I'm thinking about
biting the bullet and buying a new sleeve/piston set.

Am I dreaming to hope that you can just buy the set and install it without a
lot of complex measurments and having things machined to actually fit right?
Is it tough to actually get the sleeves to seal up right, or can a non
engine savvy guy follow the directions and get it to work?

I read through the section on changing a sleeve in the Haynes manual and it
didn't sound too bad.

Thanks,
Curt

WWW.essex1.com/people/fishnet/ <http://www.essex1.com/people/fishnet/>
Spritely Vintage Racing Homepage.

"Racing is life, everything that comes before, or after is just waiting",
Steve McQueen from Le Mans.

"Compared to Road Racing, heroin addiction is like a vague longing for
something salty"

===     http://www.vtr.org