Pulling an engine

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pulling an engine
From: "Steve Ball" <banjonut@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 05:14:42 -0800
Hi folks,
I'm asking all of you experts on the list for a little advice.  I'm about to
pull the engine from my '60 TR3A for an overhaul and I have a couple of
questions.

1.  I plan to pull the engine and gearbox together because I heard years ago
this was the easiest way.  I've pulled the gearboxes up through the
passenger compartment before (for clutch jobs) and I agree it was a pain.
What's the latest trend...pull together or separately?

2.  Despite removing a few gearboxes over the years, I've never pulled at TR
engine before.  Where do I attach the hoist?  I've seen "lifting plates" on
eBay which appear to bolt onto the engine (front?).  Do I need a part like
this or is there something else to latch onto?  Obviously I don't want any
accidents.

Thanks in advance.  I'll check my digest later for replies.

Steve Ball
Lompoc, CA
TS 68164L

===     http://www.vtr.org