Re: Surrey Tops

To: lmtr4a@ctlnet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Surrey Tops
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:33:13 EST
In a message dated 12/11/2005 4:09:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lmtr4a@ctlnet.com writes:

> The two options on the TR4 & 4A that everyone seems to be looking for are
> the overdrive transmission and the surrey top.  I have a few pieces of
> original factory literature and none even mention the availability of the
> hard / surrey tops.

Lou,
I have one original TR4A sales brochure and it has a nice section on the
optional Surrey, explaining the advantage of weather proof driving with the
hard
top portion fitted, then top down motoring without drafts with it removed and a
soft top to install in case of unexpected inclement weather. Each case has a
small Triumph TR4A drawing.  BTW, according to a TR4 Competition Parts Price
List I have an Overdrive Kit could be had for $208.20.  I wonder if any exist
NOS?  What do you think that would be worth on eBAY?
Cheers,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org