Re: Locked Keys in Car? NO SWEAT (Read On)

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com, gprtech@frontiernet.net, MRobe33243@aol.com
Subject: Re: Locked Keys in Car? NO SWEAT (Read On)
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:09:08 EDT
In a message dated 9/21/2005 8:38:06 AM Central Standard Time,
ZoboHerald@aol.com writes:
> Been there, done that. Dropping my keys on the hardwood floor in front
> of the TV was enough to change the channel at a neighbor's house where
> I housesat many years ago.

I remember reading about the history of TV remotes.  The first ones were
actually sonic in the audible range using chimes.  They were really subject to
falsing.  Ultrsonics could be tricked by dogs barking.  Radio controls worked
well but they would also change your neighbor's channel as well (in the days
before digital encryption).  Infrared proved to be the best because they were
pretty much immune to false activation but the range was limited to the same
room.

But then IR did not have the range necessary for garage door remotes so they
used radio links.  When security became an issue digital encryption was added
and the car security remotes grew out of this technology.  And RFID.

Perhaps voice activation is the ultimate answer.  Voice ID with an
inebriation detector.

Dave