Re: carb floats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: carb floats
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:06:51 -0400
On 29 Aug 2005 at 18:20, Jack W. Drews wrote:

> one friend has put a tiny hole in the float, then soldered up the
> seam, and then when it's cool he soldered the little hole.

To make sure that hole seals up properly, he first drilled another
hole.  Then he soldered up that other hole, but first he drilled
another small hole.

I guess one of the dangers of using cast floats is the possibility of
getting casting holes in the side of the float.  (My brother once had
a motorcycle which dribbled oil through a casting hole.)

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com