Bonnet alignment

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bonnet alignment
From: drewfrink@mac.com
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:00:29 -0600
On to the next project. After some judicious oiling of the release cable, I
think I have solved my auto-opening bonnet problem, at least for now. The next
step is to work on the bonnet alignment issues. Right now, the bonnet is high
on the LH side at the cowl, and maybe a little low on the LH side. All seems
maybe okay at the front of the car, though the LH side might be a tad low.

Thoughts on how best to proceed? I was figuring to loosen the hinge mounts on
the car on the LH front and raise them a scoosh. I'm also going to replace the
rather worn bonnet bumpers (little cone thingies). Moss catalog says I should
have flat ones, I've got cones instead. Does this matter?

I'm not entirely convinced that my bonnet isn't tweaked a bit--probable I guess
after 40+ years.

Thanks again for putting up with all my simple questions. Trust me, I'm
learning a bunch here and really appreciate all your help and advice.

-Drew

--
Andrew Frink
Salt Lake City, UT