still got a problem with the TR4

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: still got a problem with the TR4
From: "Mike Katona" <mkatona@pinetel.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:21:11 -0700
Several weeks ago I posted about a clutch problem and several good people
responded and got me on the right track.  It actually turned out to be the
hydraulic hose between the slave and master cylinder.
Soooooooooooo, now I have replaced the hose and all of the clutch components
including the release bearing.
I just finished putting the whole thing back together and was planning a
putt this afternoon.  When I started the TR4 there was a rattling that
sounded like a marble in a tin can.  This was with the clutch pedal
depressed.  When I release the pedal the rattle stops.  As I start
depressing the pedal the rattle comes back.
Any help would certainly be appreciated as I have now  had the transmission
and clutch out 4 times in the last three weeks.  It's getting old.
Thanks
Mike Katona
Halfway, OR