Re: Tools and fluids

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tools and fluids
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:44:07 -0700
Randall wrote:

>...any modern grease will be so much better than what these cars were designed
>for that it doesn't make much difference.  However, it's still important (again
>IMO) to follow the factory recommended service intervals, since adding/changing
>grease also carries away contaminants...

Well, that leads to a question that crossed my (weak) mind the other day
while I was lying under the axle... where does the grease you put in the
rear hubs go?

My rear hubs do not appear to leak and I do put the correct number of
strokes in at the recommended interval but wonder if eventually I will
have over-greased them.

All other grease points seem to ooze the excess but the rear hubs are a
mystery to me.  Does the excess get past the inner oil seal?

Geo Hahn