Tools and fluids

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tools and fluids
From: Andrew Frink <drewfrink@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:35:32 -0600
I've enjoyed a few short drives, but now it's time to get serious
about maintenance. I've got a couple of questions on tools and fluids:

1. I need a grease gun. What should I look for?

2. I've got Joe's square drain plug tool, but was wondering if there
is a socket available for these square plugs. I was taught to use a
torque wrench on drain plugs, so a socket to fit would be nice.

3. I need some sort of oil pump/filler for transmission and rear end.
Any recommendations?

4. Any other special/maintenance tools nice? I've seen SU carb tool
kits--are these worthwhile?

My last set of questions is about fluids.

1. Engine? The shop manual lists all sorts of options.

2. Gearbox (OD) -- Done some reading here, and 30wt non-detergent
seems to be a decent choice here. Rear end fluid?

3. SU dashpots -- engine oil? Motorcycle fork oil? I've seen thoughts
on both.

4. Once I get a grease gun, I need grease. Types?

Is there a good site that already lists all of this?

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with
this project, so have decided to start with basics of oil/fluid
changes, greasing, and such.

-Drew

--
Andrew Frink