RE: Hub felt seals

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hub felt seals
From: "Chas. Schlismann" <racegt6@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 08:14:55 -0700 (PDT)
.

Hugh Barber <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

John,

You're right! - that was a typo on my part. The correct seal is CR 13612
type HM21. The cross-reference problem comes where other makers will spec a
cross-reference that is a type CR1. The CR1 is the correct OD/ID, but is
thicker and will not work.

Hugh

Thanks folks,
This is the route I'm going to follow.  I've always relied on the Bentley
Workshop manual and have done this job routinely numerous times.  The problem
is the felt itself has lost its integrity, it's not one piece, kind of spiral
cut.  I'm sure I could still use it but I just like things to be right.
Charlie