Re: steering lubricant substitute?

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: steering lubricant substitute?
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:07:47 -0700
Paul Dorsey wrote:
> I know it's good stuff, but, is there a substitute for the $15 Penrite
> Steering Lubricant that Moss sells?  Preferably thick to prevent driveway
> leaks

Well Land Rover sells something called front hub grease for their newer
vehicles that works well.  It is a very light weight grease designed to
provide a constant bath for front constant velocity joints.  Rumor has
it Land Rover developed it because there were too many warranty claims
for gear oil leaking out of front ball joints. It does a proper job of
lubricating and tends not to weep out.

You can get it through your local LR dealer or cheaper though an
independent Land Rover parts house, such as British Pacific
(800-554-4133)  www.landroverparts.us

TeriAnn
1960 Land Rover 109
1961 Triumph TR3A