steering wheel refinish

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: steering wheel refinish
From: Cliff Pike <cpike@cpass.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 14:13:34 -0400
I'm wondering how to refinish a steering wheel. I have a beautiful shiny
new control head courtesy of F.T. for which the rest of my TR3A steering
wheel is a pretty poor match regarding colour. Is there a particular
paint or other coating which will withstand the wear etc. and look nice
and shiny forever after? I would think that due to differing thermal
expansion rates of the steel core and the plastic surround  cracking of
the plastic will occur no matter what one does.
Cliff Pike
Guelph, Ontario
1960 TR3A  TS64232
1966 Spitfire4 MKII