72 Spitfire for sale, many extras

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 72 Spitfire for sale, many extras
From: Greg Ames <greg.ames.90@alum.dartmouth.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:36:08 -0400
I've finally decided to sell my 1972 Spitfire, FK26506L.  The car is
located in Framingham, MA.  I hate to sell it, but I'm moving soon and
would rather sell it than move it.

The car is currently not running.  I removed the radiator, water pump, and
crank pulley to change the front oil seal, but then got sidetracked on
other household projects.  Two years later, and I still haven't
re-assembled it.  The car ran fine when I started the project.  The body
has some surface rust on the firewall, but is in pretty good shape
otherwise.  Color is BRG.

The previous owner made several mods:
- Tried to convert the engine to as close to 1969 European spec as possible
   (hotter cam, shaved heads, dual HS2 carbs) - Cam and head work specs
unknown.
- The car has an oil cooler, spin-on oil filter adapter, and Crane XR700
ignition.

Many, many parts included.  I have most of a 1500 parts car in the
garage.  Partial list includes:
- 1500cc engine w/ transmission
- 2nd transmission
- 3rd transmission (overdrive model) disassembled in boxes.  Previous owner
believed
   it to be complete
- Lots of body panels: 2 seats, 3 doors, rear trunklid, chrome trim,
bumpers, exhaust bits
- Set of wire wheels (4)
- Front and rear chassis clips w/ suspension, brake, differential, etc.
- Numerous boxes of random parts, manuals, etc.

I paid $3500 in 1999; I'm asking $3000 for the whole lot, but will consider
any and all reasonable offers.  Given that this is a lot of stuff, I'd
prefer to sell it locally, and could arrange delivery for the right offer.

Greg