Re: TR6 - groove worn into discs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 - groove worn into discs
From: "Ian Viles" <ian.viles@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:28:35 -0000
Thanks for all the very helpful replies:-
1. The groove: I've had a look at the dismantled bits and discovered that
one of the steering stops (on the trunnion) is completely missing.  No doubt
the other is incorrectly adjusted.  I must admit that I have read about
these but not understood their significance - I assumed that if they were
not adjusted correctly that the tyres would perhaps foul the inner arches
... not that the suspension would foul the discs.
So, a problem that has been bugging me for ages is sorted by the brilliant
'list'!
2. Bad brakes: I'll keep working on this one and report back once the car is
back on the road.
Thanks again.
Cheers,
Ian Viles