Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #2189

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #2189
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:20:20 EST
Ronnie/Listers,
Isn't it the function of syncro ball and spring to keep a transmission gear
engaged?
The spring in my own top cover's 3rd-4th selector rod was broken in half
rendering it probably useless but still wasn't jumping out of 3rd or 4th gear.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

<< When I rebuilt the gearbox I replaced the 1st-2nd and the 3rd 4th gear
clusters. I have developed a problem that when in third gear it has a
tendency to want to pop out of gear. I seen to notice it doing it when
in third and the car is not under heavy load. I wonder if it may be a
problem with the top cover, I'm wondering if the little ball and spring
may be worn. Any thoughts? >>