Re: Compression Test Results

To: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Subject: Re: Compression Test Results
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:08:56 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Thanks for the response.  Just out of curiosity, what psi numbers are
> ideal
> given the 87mm pistons?  Just wondering what to shoot for.
>
> I'll add some heat to the test tonight and see if the oil makes a
> difference.

Sorry no help here.  My fingers don't take kindly to hot engines so I
never got a set of numbers.  Besides I've played some compression games
so my numbers would be different anyway.  The manual gives hot
compression numbers for a calibrated pressure gauge & 83mm pistons.

T. J. Wakeman

1960 Land Rover 109 Dormobile owned since 1978
1961 Triumph TR3A  owned since 1986, the new car

Check out the new British Cars Forum: