Re: shipping hard tops

To: 6parts@charter.net ("Alan Salvatore"), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shipping hard tops
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:13:16 -0400
In a message dated 8/23/2004 9:17:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Alan Salvatore"
<6parts@charter.net> writes:

>I just purchased a fiberglass hardtop, 45lbs. for a 6 and have to get it from
>NY to SC.
>I was wondering how others have packaged and shipped these. too big for ups

=====

Al, I had to ship a steel factory MkIV Spitfire hardtop from NY to San Diego,
CA, about seven years ago. The CA buyer arranged with a local Mailboxes, Etc.,
or "Shipmates" type of place to pay for the shipping if I'd drop the hardtop
off, which I did. These hardtops aren't really as big as you might think, and a
plastic one should be a lot lighter than that steel MkIV hardtop with glass
rear and quarter windows!

--Andy Mace

Check out the new British Cars Forum: