Re: Truck overheating(no lbc) oponions needed

To: "Paradise Music" <paradise.71@juno.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Truck overheating(no lbc) oponions needed
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:16:06 -0400
>   Anyway, I stopped, bought some distilled water, added it to it,
> and made it home, but it was overheating, and when it boiled over,
> it looked like mud boiling out of the overflow pot!  This stuff looked
> like it had come out of a mudhole.

Any chance your radiator also has a transmission oil cooler built into it?
If so, perhaps your tranny oil cooler is leaking fluid into your radiator.
It is a definite possibility, I know, as it has happened to me.

About two years ago my '99 Chevy S10 (then with only 37k miles on it or so)
started overheating, I checked the fluid and it looked like someone had
poured chocolate ice cream into the cooling system - everything was a nasty
soupy brown color.

Long story short, the fix required a rebuilt transmission from Jasper, a new
radiator and new cooling hoses.  Total cost, including labor, was over $3000
and I was very ticked off because the truck was JUST out of warrantee.

Hopefully this isn't your problem, but it just might be...

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics